Outsourcing employees in the IT industry is becoming the norm in our labor market. We discussed its growing popularity in Poland in the previous article. Today, we will touch upon the types of outsourcing and find out in which cases it is worth reaching for this form of cooperation.
Forms of outsourcing IT developers
Depending on the needs of your project, you can opt for various forms of IT staff leasing. In this way, you can optimize the project’s cost. Moreover, it provides the necessary expertise to meet your company's needs.
Body leasing and Team leasing (TL)
Body leasing and team leasing are among the most popular forms of outsourcing in the IT sector. They are an excellent way to supplement a team of specialists. For us, as a software development company, this solution may provide a service tailored to the partner's needs.
Body leasing - what like does it look?
As a rule, a company wishing to contract an additional employee reports to the outsourcing company. During initial discussions, both sides will touch on the issues related to the project.
- The first step in cooperation is to conclude a contract. The document allows the provision of programmers' services.
- Then, our partner’s task is to determine the project's demands and the time frame allocated for its implementation.
- A Project Manager (PM) is needed to select the right specialists. This person will be responsible for the project in question and the progress of individual specialists.
- Detailed progress reporting can occur at the end of the month or at the end of the project itself. It depends primarily on the content of the contract.
Team leasing - what are the differences?
Team leasing involves an entire team of developers. Besides, it is a form of outsourcing very similar to body leasing.
The undoubted advantage of this form of cooperation is that, as a rule, we hire specialists with a history of joint project implementation. Their mutual experience prevents work disorganization and can speed up finalization.
Advanced Team Leasing (ATL)
Advanced Team Leasing offers end-to-end development team services. Its main characteristic is the inclusion of leading its implementation. In addition to individual tasks, we take responsibility for the overall management of the project.
This form of cooperation requires two factors, mainly:
- a deeper understanding of the company's culture,
- establishing trust between the two parties.
It also implies more significant commitment and a different set of competencies to implement the project objectives.
Managed Services (MS)
MS provides the ongoing delivery of some type of service or process necessary for our partners. This form of outsourcing aims to:
- improving efficiency,
- improving control of operating costs,
- maintaining the highest possible quality of service,
- ensuring a high level of security.
Managed Services provides an appropriate level of reliability in testing the implemented solutions. Partners opt for this solution when the continuity of services ensures time savings, and their priority is reliability in implementing tested solutions.
Composition of the development team
We know the most important forms of outsourcing in IT. Now, we are going to look at the target composition of the IT team. This will enable us to select people with the right knowledge and know-how.
The people needed to create a functional application include:
- Project Manager - the person who oversees the production process and controls all aspects of the app creation,
- Front-End developer - who takes care of the application’s visual side,
- Back-End developer - a specialist responsible for the application’s inner processes,
- UX/UI designer - a person responsible for designing the customer path. Their role is to create a convenient-to-use app design.
Previously, we have discussed the production flow of such a product in the context of potential expectations of IT companies' clients.